Ignorance Is Bliss.... ?

"A mob of torch-wielding villagers will soon gather outside your home, which is odd, as you don't remember inviting a mob of torch-wielding villagers over."

Curious thing about advancements in technology - It seems it will eventually bite you in the ass. I had a hearty chuckle over a comment left on yesterday's post. I am generally surrounded by really loyal & amazing people - the kind of people who have my back no matter how much they may disagree with my stupidity at any given moment. It's a bloody incredible thing, to be sure. It also makes me wonder what sort of fury would be unleashed should they discover an opening to be brutally honest. In the comment I reference, an anonymous lady or gent took no issue with pointing out what a brat I can be. At first, I was completely taken aback - "Hot damn, that took balls!" I mused... Then I started to feel a bit guilty that I really have enabled those I love the most to feel the need to walk on eggshells when it comes to my highly advertised fragility.

I've never been one to take criticism well - after all, I'm a broken bird deserving of sheltered pity, no? Well, no, not really. I just REALLY enjoy arguing. My supreme bullshitting skills allow me to debate & justify anything as my myriad of moods dictate. So what of the notion that love means never having to say you're sorry? It's possible that I orchestrate even everyday conversations to ensure that defensive barrier is never egged or tagged with negative bits of graffiti. Did you know "graffito" is the singular form of graffiti? Sorry - the hamster hopped off the wheel in my brain for a quick drink.

I shall elaborate. There is a very glaring theme throughout my posts as there is in my daily interactions with people. If I beat them to the punch at my expense, they naturally (and quite politely) respond with counter-arguments to stop me from pouting (best-case scenario, really ;) ). It's one of those knee-jerk reactions I've exhibited for a number of years. I can even recall a moment in recent history where I pondered how to effectively pass that skill along to my spawn. Good call? Well no, probably not. On one hand it's spared me some harsh truths, but those same truths inevitably come bubbling to the surface sooner or later. More and more, some people forced to put up with me frequently have finally let that boiling water splash uncensored in my face. It's a bit of a learning curve for me, but it's all greatly justified.

All that said, here's your open door, folks. Will I take the hits like a champ? Or for the love of god, at least some level of class? No guarantees - I'm unpredictable like that. But you could always post anonymously if you'd like. That way, the next time we go out for beers and I call ya on it, you can always say "Oh, that must've been some random, surly bloke from overseas....."



XOXO
- Miss V.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kitty

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ignorance Is Bliss.... ?

"A mob of torch-wielding villagers will soon gather outside your home, which is odd, as you don't remember inviting a mob of torch-wielding villagers over."

Curious thing about advancements in technology - It seems it will eventually bite you in the ass. I had a hearty chuckle over a comment left on yesterday's post. I am generally surrounded by really loyal & amazing people - the kind of people who have my back no matter how much they may disagree with my stupidity at any given moment. It's a bloody incredible thing, to be sure. It also makes me wonder what sort of fury would be unleashed should they discover an opening to be brutally honest. In the comment I reference, an anonymous lady or gent took no issue with pointing out what a brat I can be. At first, I was completely taken aback - "Hot damn, that took balls!" I mused... Then I started to feel a bit guilty that I really have enabled those I love the most to feel the need to walk on eggshells when it comes to my highly advertised fragility.

I've never been one to take criticism well - after all, I'm a broken bird deserving of sheltered pity, no? Well, no, not really. I just REALLY enjoy arguing. My supreme bullshitting skills allow me to debate & justify anything as my myriad of moods dictate. So what of the notion that love means never having to say you're sorry? It's possible that I orchestrate even everyday conversations to ensure that defensive barrier is never egged or tagged with negative bits of graffiti. Did you know "graffito" is the singular form of graffiti? Sorry - the hamster hopped off the wheel in my brain for a quick drink.

I shall elaborate. There is a very glaring theme throughout my posts as there is in my daily interactions with people. If I beat them to the punch at my expense, they naturally (and quite politely) respond with counter-arguments to stop me from pouting (best-case scenario, really ;) ). It's one of those knee-jerk reactions I've exhibited for a number of years. I can even recall a moment in recent history where I pondered how to effectively pass that skill along to my spawn. Good call? Well no, probably not. On one hand it's spared me some harsh truths, but those same truths inevitably come bubbling to the surface sooner or later. More and more, some people forced to put up with me frequently have finally let that boiling water splash uncensored in my face. It's a bit of a learning curve for me, but it's all greatly justified.

All that said, here's your open door, folks. Will I take the hits like a champ? Or for the love of god, at least some level of class? No guarantees - I'm unpredictable like that. But you could always post anonymously if you'd like. That way, the next time we go out for beers and I call ya on it, you can always say "Oh, that must've been some random, surly bloke from overseas....."



XOXO
- Miss V.

No comments:

Post a Comment