Kitty Komplex

"Don't worry about politics so much. From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of idiots."

Simply put, I'm well aware I'm opinionated and needlessly snarky. Now that we've established that, I have to ask, "What the hell?" As previously mentioned, I have been grounded from a certain social networking site. But once upon a time, while I was busily throwing my 2 cents around like some "Hollywood A-Lister" immediately following a national disaster, I quickly came to the following conclusion:

I can shut down any discussion thread with my mere presence.

Well here we are in yet another corner of the technological world and I've found the same result. I normally know better than to solicit an answer to what should be a rhetorical question - but honestly. WHAT THE HELL? Why in the name of all that is unholy do I have that power? Back in the "real world", strangers come out of the woodwork to converse with me. Aren't any of these unmedicated fools members of random social communities so they can fulfill my petty needs for occasional social interaction without commitment? I had a discussion with our new I.T. Director about donating our used cell phones to a battered women's shelter - I'm thinking we need to revisit disposing of the computers and further providing internet access to chatty people in dark alleys. *sigh*

OK, I think I'm done. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. *pouts*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kitty

Monday, April 25, 2011

Kitty Komplex

"Don't worry about politics so much. From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of idiots."

Simply put, I'm well aware I'm opinionated and needlessly snarky. Now that we've established that, I have to ask, "What the hell?" As previously mentioned, I have been grounded from a certain social networking site. But once upon a time, while I was busily throwing my 2 cents around like some "Hollywood A-Lister" immediately following a national disaster, I quickly came to the following conclusion:

I can shut down any discussion thread with my mere presence.

Well here we are in yet another corner of the technological world and I've found the same result. I normally know better than to solicit an answer to what should be a rhetorical question - but honestly. WHAT THE HELL? Why in the name of all that is unholy do I have that power? Back in the "real world", strangers come out of the woodwork to converse with me. Aren't any of these unmedicated fools members of random social communities so they can fulfill my petty needs for occasional social interaction without commitment? I had a discussion with our new I.T. Director about donating our used cell phones to a battered women's shelter - I'm thinking we need to revisit disposing of the computers and further providing internet access to chatty people in dark alleys. *sigh*

OK, I think I'm done. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. *pouts*

No comments:

Post a Comment