Satan in Stilettos

" You try to be an accepting person, but you still don't see why some people can't be a nice, normal gender instead of women. "

I'd apologize ahead of time for setting feminism back 50 years with this post, but that honor was already snatched up by too many people to mention, here. Speaking, shockingly enough, from a female point-of-view (or at least that's what the presence of cancerous ovaries might suggest), I cannot stand the majority of women in charge. *gasp*! WHAT!?!? Yep. I said it. I'd say it again.

Correct me if I'm wrong... actually, scratch that - we don't want to set some sort of silly precedence, here.... I've observed that, in some of these broad's heads, there is the archaic notion that we womenfolk are still fighting the brave battle to get past being held down by The Man. I have no doubts there will forever be instances of sexism in the workplace. Just as racism, religious bias, homophobia, speciesism and every other form of prejudice and/or phobia will exist as an organic poison grandfathered in from generations gone by. What is curious, is that these same women... Oops, they may prefer being called "womyn" so there's no reference of the other sex thrown carelessly in there...are the same ones who come to work dressed in cheerleaderesque miniskirts, stiletto heals, sporting teased bleached locks and fake claws with the oh-so-subtle addition of harlot-red lips. Gloria Steinem would be so proud!


Somehow, and I won't go into my normal low-life speculations as to HOW, these dames are continually promoted. Thrown more and more scraps of power until the inner she-demon is shining brightly through all those Mary Kay-caked pores. At the moment, it's a toss up whether the promoted ones, or the ones who walk in off the streets of the night directly into management are worse..... Regardless, the moment they have that power, watch the fuck out.

"I heard somewhere their periods attract bears. The bears can smell the menstruation! "
"Well that's just great. You hear that, Ed? Bears. Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy."

This isn't even slightly suggesting that men in power are the impenetrable bee's knees. But there's something special in the sauce that makes these triple-x-chromosome nightmares truly forces to either be reckoned with, or drop-kicked across the parking lot. This one, in particular, the human chihuahua as we "lovingly" call her, has suddenly amassed some sort of "god's gift to the secretarial pool" caliber ego. It's possible she had a measurable level of intelligence prior to this emergence of a monarchy - but the rest of us are willing to admit there are some things we JUST DON'T KNOW. And WHEN we don't know, we respect those who do enough to ask before fancying up all sorts of rules, policies and... well hell, when in Rome... LAWS.

I've been anxiously awaiting cries of "OFF WITH HIS/HER HEAD", but no such entertainment from the whole ordeal to date. I'm particularly a huge fan of being patronized. Attending meetings only to have her ignorantly speak over and for me. All the sudden delegating of her duties? I think I just wet myself in excitement. Add, to the ever growing list of pet peeves, the guys who come to me to bitch about how out of control she is - sandwiched between murmurings of "I mean, she's easy on the eyes but...". No. No she is not. There is nothing attractive about such an ugly personality and no amount of makeup or silicone is ever going to convince me otherwise.

My point to all of this ranting - and yes, there is shockingly enough a point - is that this all is unnecessary. There are ways of proving ones-self through hard work, the basic abilities to learn that which you do not know and treating other people with the respect they have EARNED. No one gets to dictate then enforce respect. No amount of money, official-sounding job titles or sexual favors in the world should be able do so either. If you're looking for a slap on the ass for a job well done, far be it from me to get in your way, just get it through that pretty head of yours that you had better not get in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kitty

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Satan in Stilettos

" You try to be an accepting person, but you still don't see why some people can't be a nice, normal gender instead of women. "

I'd apologize ahead of time for setting feminism back 50 years with this post, but that honor was already snatched up by too many people to mention, here. Speaking, shockingly enough, from a female point-of-view (or at least that's what the presence of cancerous ovaries might suggest), I cannot stand the majority of women in charge. *gasp*! WHAT!?!? Yep. I said it. I'd say it again.

Correct me if I'm wrong... actually, scratch that - we don't want to set some sort of silly precedence, here.... I've observed that, in some of these broad's heads, there is the archaic notion that we womenfolk are still fighting the brave battle to get past being held down by The Man. I have no doubts there will forever be instances of sexism in the workplace. Just as racism, religious bias, homophobia, speciesism and every other form of prejudice and/or phobia will exist as an organic poison grandfathered in from generations gone by. What is curious, is that these same women... Oops, they may prefer being called "womyn" so there's no reference of the other sex thrown carelessly in there...are the same ones who come to work dressed in cheerleaderesque miniskirts, stiletto heals, sporting teased bleached locks and fake claws with the oh-so-subtle addition of harlot-red lips. Gloria Steinem would be so proud!


Somehow, and I won't go into my normal low-life speculations as to HOW, these dames are continually promoted. Thrown more and more scraps of power until the inner she-demon is shining brightly through all those Mary Kay-caked pores. At the moment, it's a toss up whether the promoted ones, or the ones who walk in off the streets of the night directly into management are worse..... Regardless, the moment they have that power, watch the fuck out.

"I heard somewhere their periods attract bears. The bears can smell the menstruation! "
"Well that's just great. You hear that, Ed? Bears. Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy."

This isn't even slightly suggesting that men in power are the impenetrable bee's knees. But there's something special in the sauce that makes these triple-x-chromosome nightmares truly forces to either be reckoned with, or drop-kicked across the parking lot. This one, in particular, the human chihuahua as we "lovingly" call her, has suddenly amassed some sort of "god's gift to the secretarial pool" caliber ego. It's possible she had a measurable level of intelligence prior to this emergence of a monarchy - but the rest of us are willing to admit there are some things we JUST DON'T KNOW. And WHEN we don't know, we respect those who do enough to ask before fancying up all sorts of rules, policies and... well hell, when in Rome... LAWS.

I've been anxiously awaiting cries of "OFF WITH HIS/HER HEAD", but no such entertainment from the whole ordeal to date. I'm particularly a huge fan of being patronized. Attending meetings only to have her ignorantly speak over and for me. All the sudden delegating of her duties? I think I just wet myself in excitement. Add, to the ever growing list of pet peeves, the guys who come to me to bitch about how out of control she is - sandwiched between murmurings of "I mean, she's easy on the eyes but...". No. No she is not. There is nothing attractive about such an ugly personality and no amount of makeup or silicone is ever going to convince me otherwise.

My point to all of this ranting - and yes, there is shockingly enough a point - is that this all is unnecessary. There are ways of proving ones-self through hard work, the basic abilities to learn that which you do not know and treating other people with the respect they have EARNED. No one gets to dictate then enforce respect. No amount of money, official-sounding job titles or sexual favors in the world should be able do so either. If you're looking for a slap on the ass for a job well done, far be it from me to get in your way, just get it through that pretty head of yours that you had better not get in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment