"Ummm Hi! Long Time Listener, First Time Caller...."

" You've always believed there are two kinds of people in this world: normal everyday people, and the ones in the blood-spattered yellow raincoats who stay out of sight, waiting for just the right moment."

Where the majority of rational people in this world would possibly exercise some restraint when about to broadcast a mental breakdown, Little Orphan Something-Or-Other clearly has no such sense. I shall maintain that, to my credit, very little is "off limits". If nothing else, this declaration helps me sleep at night. One thing I have noticed is that it can also help initiate tough dialogue on rare occasion.

Seems I needed to take a trip outside myself to absorb the bigger picture, so to speak. When all else fails, even the most stubborn of us need to ask for help - perhaps even cry for it. In doing so, I achieved a small bit of clarity.... even came to some long overdue/overlooked conclusions. I am faced with that nagging question of "What Now?". For me, it seems I not only had issues, there was an entire subscription cluttering up the mailbox upstairs. And you know what? That's OK.

Some inexplicable portion of my personality welcomes (acts as a super-magnet, even) others to seek me out when the weight of the world has exceeded the perceived strength of their shoulders. What very few of us realize is that we are far stronger than we will ever give ourselves credit for. The catch being it often takes an instance (or specific sequence of events) of catastrophic proportions to bring that strength to light - or at least within reasonable grasp! Ninja Kitty is quite the sage, no? Ahhh, but it's always far easier to diagnose & treat others than to purchase that overpriced admission to our own faults and shortcomings. Nonetheless, unbeknownst to my conscious state, I had been collecting little bits and pieces of the lessons I did my unauthorized best to assist in.... along the way, I had amassed quite the pile of dust bunnies ready to assimilate and spring into action when I needed it most.

I do so adore making a short story, long... The Arch Nemesis of Cliff Notes!

Anyhoo - I arrived at a few eye-opening facts. As we all are products of the events leading up to this moment, one such event rendered this product unfit for consumption. I previously never took the time to address, mourn, heal from and/or cope with this event. Over the years, the contamination spread like a wildfire until the initial match was no longer decipherable in the charred mess. Sans hypnotherapy, crystals, tarot cards or historical records (this is me patting myself on the back ;)  ), I was finally able to put the pieces back together and, with the assistance of an ACTUAL LICENSED professional, I believe the dark fog will eventually burn off.

This surely is not a one-size-fits-all answer - For me, it is (and don't call me Shirley). I wish to thank each and every one of you out there who have always supported me and had my back - even when I'm acting like a drunken fool and picking fights with grizzly bears. One foot in front of the other and one day at a time. Far too much to be thankful for to let it waste away while I spin worthlessly in my office chair! As I am the self-proclaimed Queen of always having the last word, you can trust (and possibly curse) the fact that I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.... Well... unless we win the Tyndall AFB contract, then it's every kitten for him/herself!

A hui hou,
A.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kitty

Friday, April 8, 2011

"Ummm Hi! Long Time Listener, First Time Caller...."

" You've always believed there are two kinds of people in this world: normal everyday people, and the ones in the blood-spattered yellow raincoats who stay out of sight, waiting for just the right moment."

Where the majority of rational people in this world would possibly exercise some restraint when about to broadcast a mental breakdown, Little Orphan Something-Or-Other clearly has no such sense. I shall maintain that, to my credit, very little is "off limits". If nothing else, this declaration helps me sleep at night. One thing I have noticed is that it can also help initiate tough dialogue on rare occasion.

Seems I needed to take a trip outside myself to absorb the bigger picture, so to speak. When all else fails, even the most stubborn of us need to ask for help - perhaps even cry for it. In doing so, I achieved a small bit of clarity.... even came to some long overdue/overlooked conclusions. I am faced with that nagging question of "What Now?". For me, it seems I not only had issues, there was an entire subscription cluttering up the mailbox upstairs. And you know what? That's OK.

Some inexplicable portion of my personality welcomes (acts as a super-magnet, even) others to seek me out when the weight of the world has exceeded the perceived strength of their shoulders. What very few of us realize is that we are far stronger than we will ever give ourselves credit for. The catch being it often takes an instance (or specific sequence of events) of catastrophic proportions to bring that strength to light - or at least within reasonable grasp! Ninja Kitty is quite the sage, no? Ahhh, but it's always far easier to diagnose & treat others than to purchase that overpriced admission to our own faults and shortcomings. Nonetheless, unbeknownst to my conscious state, I had been collecting little bits and pieces of the lessons I did my unauthorized best to assist in.... along the way, I had amassed quite the pile of dust bunnies ready to assimilate and spring into action when I needed it most.

I do so adore making a short story, long... The Arch Nemesis of Cliff Notes!

Anyhoo - I arrived at a few eye-opening facts. As we all are products of the events leading up to this moment, one such event rendered this product unfit for consumption. I previously never took the time to address, mourn, heal from and/or cope with this event. Over the years, the contamination spread like a wildfire until the initial match was no longer decipherable in the charred mess. Sans hypnotherapy, crystals, tarot cards or historical records (this is me patting myself on the back ;)  ), I was finally able to put the pieces back together and, with the assistance of an ACTUAL LICENSED professional, I believe the dark fog will eventually burn off.

This surely is not a one-size-fits-all answer - For me, it is (and don't call me Shirley). I wish to thank each and every one of you out there who have always supported me and had my back - even when I'm acting like a drunken fool and picking fights with grizzly bears. One foot in front of the other and one day at a time. Far too much to be thankful for to let it waste away while I spin worthlessly in my office chair! As I am the self-proclaimed Queen of always having the last word, you can trust (and possibly curse) the fact that I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.... Well... unless we win the Tyndall AFB contract, then it's every kitten for him/herself!

A hui hou,
A.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment