M'am, I Think You've Had Quite Enough!

"Much to your consternation, you discover that it takes more than nudity, llamas, and gin to scandalize the British consulate. "

As I had lunch with a dear friend of mine today, the subject of this very blog happened to come up in casual conversation. There was much entertainment surrounding my apparent cornucopia of contradictions and tendencies to ramble. This was hardly news to me, but I'm afraid I was rather ashamed just the same. Nothing a G&T can't cure, right? Sure... for an hour or so. On one side, I should possibly apologize for the rat's nest between my ears - on the other, I've found that writing even the most nonsensical garbage somehow helps me work through the white noise.

Each day, I am faced with the challenge of defining what it is that makes Ninja Kitty (or one of my many other alter-egos) tick. At once, I can be annoyed with a particular behavior and exhibiting the very same. Seems I have a lot of growing up and learning ahead of me. On the bright side, I face each challenge with as open a mind as possible and a thirst for knowledge and experience. If I were to be hit by a bus (or beer truck) tomorrow, what would I have accomplished up to that exact moment in time? I suppose simply the comfort that I was always a willing passenger for whatever the next adventure or "teachable moment" had in store for me.

All this said, I believe a countdown of a different sort has been initiated. There are still oodles of 1000-piece 3-D puzzles to solve ahead of me. But the need to broadcast the details of each is quickly fading. I may never be able to pinpoint my need to share some of my admittedly most intimate thoughts, yet it is up to me to cease being a mere passenger in my travels and finally place my shaky hands upon the wheel. Many thanks go to all of you who have humored my madness and I hope to keep in touch with those of you who are willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kitty

Monday, May 2, 2011

M'am, I Think You've Had Quite Enough!

"Much to your consternation, you discover that it takes more than nudity, llamas, and gin to scandalize the British consulate. "

As I had lunch with a dear friend of mine today, the subject of this very blog happened to come up in casual conversation. There was much entertainment surrounding my apparent cornucopia of contradictions and tendencies to ramble. This was hardly news to me, but I'm afraid I was rather ashamed just the same. Nothing a G&T can't cure, right? Sure... for an hour or so. On one side, I should possibly apologize for the rat's nest between my ears - on the other, I've found that writing even the most nonsensical garbage somehow helps me work through the white noise.

Each day, I am faced with the challenge of defining what it is that makes Ninja Kitty (or one of my many other alter-egos) tick. At once, I can be annoyed with a particular behavior and exhibiting the very same. Seems I have a lot of growing up and learning ahead of me. On the bright side, I face each challenge with as open a mind as possible and a thirst for knowledge and experience. If I were to be hit by a bus (or beer truck) tomorrow, what would I have accomplished up to that exact moment in time? I suppose simply the comfort that I was always a willing passenger for whatever the next adventure or "teachable moment" had in store for me.

All this said, I believe a countdown of a different sort has been initiated. There are still oodles of 1000-piece 3-D puzzles to solve ahead of me. But the need to broadcast the details of each is quickly fading. I may never be able to pinpoint my need to share some of my admittedly most intimate thoughts, yet it is up to me to cease being a mere passenger in my travels and finally place my shaky hands upon the wheel. Many thanks go to all of you who have humored my madness and I hope to keep in touch with those of you who are willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment