Madness

" Don’t be afraid to follow your dreams— even the ones in which the kitchen table grows jagged teeth and chases you around while shrieking Keats poems."..... color me intrigued.....

Another day, another personality, no? So after what can only be described as an Evening of Awesomeness, I awoke this morning to find not only had I inexplicably worn shoes and a sock monkey hat to bed, but had no recollection of fixing myself a pitcher of Kool-Aid and leaving it methodically in the garage. The most obtuse part of all of this? No alcohol involved. Just a good old fashioned case of insanity.... Of which I'm pretty well always game for! Really makes me wonder, though: what, exactly, happens in those hours when I mentally check out?



Perhaps the more telling question is how many hours do I actually clock back in for? Leading up to yesterday evening, I decided to embark on a little journey into the minds of others. I have grown rather weary of conversing with myself so figured I'd see what lies beyond. Much to my delight, I found a host of "me"'s sprinkled about the planet. Although my first instinct may or may not have been to throw a pity party when discovering I'm not all that unique - it was overtaken by feelings of "NEAT!!!!!". It seems I have plenty in common with some truly spectacular specimens. Don't worry, my ego remains blissfully the size of a walnut - still - splashed about various pages were what could easily have been my own thoughts and opinions. I'm guessing the vast majority of the general public has long since ventured past that bridge, but it's an entirely new ballgame for Miss Kitty. Hell, it's not even the same sport!



So what did I do with all these new found discoveries you ask? (Yeah, I'm being presumptuous there as you most likely know better than to EVER ask....) Nothing. Not a damn thing. I just scoured the words of strangers in silent awe. That is a bit of a theme in my life. I am exposed to something I'm extraordinarily and suddenly passionate about - I mull it around in my head for a bit - then I take a nap and *POOF*! Gone. Just like that.



And yet, I rather enjoy fancying up elaborate excuses for my pitiful approach to life.... Deep seeded Lifetime Movie Channel-worthy excuses. Exaggerated plot lines and tales of mystery and intrigue. The fact remains I simply lack the confidence and discipline to engage in anything beyond the bare minimum. Wow. To see that all staring back at me has me convinced I would do well to hire a professional resume writer after all! In a delectably round-about fashion, this all brings me to the subject at hand. What? Yes - I had one in mind all along! *cue maniacal and brilliant laughter*.... New Years.



Didn't see THAT coming, now, did you? Tis The Season for resolutions for the betterment of oneself and dare I say mankind, yes? The stuff that unicorn tears and double rainbows are made of! But the pressure. My god, the pressure! I could make dazzling declarations of how I am finally hellbent on becoming all I've ever strived to be. Trouble is, I never aimed particularly high with my goals. No, My Pets, I fully plan on remaining far more grounded.  Sure, I want to get out of debt, quit smoking, lose 40lbs, finish my tattoo, write a book, find and land a new job, spend more time enjoying and frolicking with my kids.... the list could go on and on - derailing from time to time for good measure. Rather, I promise nothing more than a smile each day. No matter what bat shit I dramatically sense I'm trudging through amidst fits of throwing myself to the floor to dodge the collapsing sky, I resolve to smile at some point. Laugh it off, dust myself off, slap a band aid on the non-existent scrape on my knee and move on. We are all our worst critics - I may even be my own arch-nemesis. Fancy notion, that....



So as opposed to getting down on myself every time I light up, bounce a check or hide from my little terrorists - I figure if I just use a smile as my umbrella (which still makes no bloody sense to me - seems all the rainwater would eventually fill the damn thing up and render it too heavy to lob around...), the sun will set and tomorrow will be a new day. Ain't that some shit? Happy Friday and Happy New Year's Eve-Eve!


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year's Eve-Eve to you!!

    Looking forward to getting to know you better in 2012 through your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back atcha, Doll! I look very forward to that! You'll quickly discover I'm in dire need of that group-discount-therapy, but what the hell, yes? Life is too short to seek out sanity! :D CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You left out an important point - what flavor was the Kool-Aide?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Merciful Jesus, YOU'RE RIGHT!!! Fruit Punch... True - I really could have been far more exotic in my subconscious choices!!! *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete

Kitty

Friday, December 30, 2011

Madness

" Don’t be afraid to follow your dreams— even the ones in which the kitchen table grows jagged teeth and chases you around while shrieking Keats poems."..... color me intrigued.....

Another day, another personality, no? So after what can only be described as an Evening of Awesomeness, I awoke this morning to find not only had I inexplicably worn shoes and a sock monkey hat to bed, but had no recollection of fixing myself a pitcher of Kool-Aid and leaving it methodically in the garage. The most obtuse part of all of this? No alcohol involved. Just a good old fashioned case of insanity.... Of which I'm pretty well always game for! Really makes me wonder, though: what, exactly, happens in those hours when I mentally check out?



Perhaps the more telling question is how many hours do I actually clock back in for? Leading up to yesterday evening, I decided to embark on a little journey into the minds of others. I have grown rather weary of conversing with myself so figured I'd see what lies beyond. Much to my delight, I found a host of "me"'s sprinkled about the planet. Although my first instinct may or may not have been to throw a pity party when discovering I'm not all that unique - it was overtaken by feelings of "NEAT!!!!!". It seems I have plenty in common with some truly spectacular specimens. Don't worry, my ego remains blissfully the size of a walnut - still - splashed about various pages were what could easily have been my own thoughts and opinions. I'm guessing the vast majority of the general public has long since ventured past that bridge, but it's an entirely new ballgame for Miss Kitty. Hell, it's not even the same sport!



So what did I do with all these new found discoveries you ask? (Yeah, I'm being presumptuous there as you most likely know better than to EVER ask....) Nothing. Not a damn thing. I just scoured the words of strangers in silent awe. That is a bit of a theme in my life. I am exposed to something I'm extraordinarily and suddenly passionate about - I mull it around in my head for a bit - then I take a nap and *POOF*! Gone. Just like that.



And yet, I rather enjoy fancying up elaborate excuses for my pitiful approach to life.... Deep seeded Lifetime Movie Channel-worthy excuses. Exaggerated plot lines and tales of mystery and intrigue. The fact remains I simply lack the confidence and discipline to engage in anything beyond the bare minimum. Wow. To see that all staring back at me has me convinced I would do well to hire a professional resume writer after all! In a delectably round-about fashion, this all brings me to the subject at hand. What? Yes - I had one in mind all along! *cue maniacal and brilliant laughter*.... New Years.



Didn't see THAT coming, now, did you? Tis The Season for resolutions for the betterment of oneself and dare I say mankind, yes? The stuff that unicorn tears and double rainbows are made of! But the pressure. My god, the pressure! I could make dazzling declarations of how I am finally hellbent on becoming all I've ever strived to be. Trouble is, I never aimed particularly high with my goals. No, My Pets, I fully plan on remaining far more grounded.  Sure, I want to get out of debt, quit smoking, lose 40lbs, finish my tattoo, write a book, find and land a new job, spend more time enjoying and frolicking with my kids.... the list could go on and on - derailing from time to time for good measure. Rather, I promise nothing more than a smile each day. No matter what bat shit I dramatically sense I'm trudging through amidst fits of throwing myself to the floor to dodge the collapsing sky, I resolve to smile at some point. Laugh it off, dust myself off, slap a band aid on the non-existent scrape on my knee and move on. We are all our worst critics - I may even be my own arch-nemesis. Fancy notion, that....



So as opposed to getting down on myself every time I light up, bounce a check or hide from my little terrorists - I figure if I just use a smile as my umbrella (which still makes no bloody sense to me - seems all the rainwater would eventually fill the damn thing up and render it too heavy to lob around...), the sun will set and tomorrow will be a new day. Ain't that some shit? Happy Friday and Happy New Year's Eve-Eve!


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year's Eve-Eve to you!!

    Looking forward to getting to know you better in 2012 through your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back atcha, Doll! I look very forward to that! You'll quickly discover I'm in dire need of that group-discount-therapy, but what the hell, yes? Life is too short to seek out sanity! :D CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You left out an important point - what flavor was the Kool-Aide?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Merciful Jesus, YOU'RE RIGHT!!! Fruit Punch... True - I really could have been far more exotic in my subconscious choices!!! *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete