Truce

" It turns out that pianos hardly ever suddenly fall out of twelfth story windows onto people, although you'll have a hard time feeling special about it. "

When I'm feeling overwhelmed, anxious, frightened, bewildered and, in general, lonely.... I write. It's my mental blankie of sorts.

Today is one of those days filled to the brim with this mangled rat's nest of negativity. One of those days where I long to write...to strain to make sense of it all. Trouble is, I can't seem to calm the deafening noise in my skull. I stare at the cursor blinking in sync with an invisible metronome and I can't seem to fight through the static long enough to release. I don't even know what it is I feel I need to say, but the silence is killing me. Tomorrow is a new day. Perhaps tomorrow there will be a moment of silence within.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my lovey...please, come to my site, anytime, or email me.

    ALSO: get thee on twitter.

    Sparks will fly, your mind will be piqued, and friends await.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. *beaming* I shall soooo take you up on that! All of it! Restraining Orders Be Damned, I Say! :D

    *brief, but nonetheless dramatic panic attack*: Darling, I'm so technologically challenged (I also recently found I'm quite vertically challenged, so I have procured tall shoes!) I would have no idea what I'm doing on this "Twitter" you speak of! What are all those silly #'s????

    Perhaps 2012 shall mark the first step into the unknown? xo

    ReplyDelete

Kitty

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Truce

" It turns out that pianos hardly ever suddenly fall out of twelfth story windows onto people, although you'll have a hard time feeling special about it. "

When I'm feeling overwhelmed, anxious, frightened, bewildered and, in general, lonely.... I write. It's my mental blankie of sorts.

Today is one of those days filled to the brim with this mangled rat's nest of negativity. One of those days where I long to write...to strain to make sense of it all. Trouble is, I can't seem to calm the deafening noise in my skull. I stare at the cursor blinking in sync with an invisible metronome and I can't seem to fight through the static long enough to release. I don't even know what it is I feel I need to say, but the silence is killing me. Tomorrow is a new day. Perhaps tomorrow there will be a moment of silence within.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my lovey...please, come to my site, anytime, or email me.

    ALSO: get thee on twitter.

    Sparks will fly, your mind will be piqued, and friends await.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. *beaming* I shall soooo take you up on that! All of it! Restraining Orders Be Damned, I Say! :D

    *brief, but nonetheless dramatic panic attack*: Darling, I'm so technologically challenged (I also recently found I'm quite vertically challenged, so I have procured tall shoes!) I would have no idea what I'm doing on this "Twitter" you speak of! What are all those silly #'s????

    Perhaps 2012 shall mark the first step into the unknown? xo

    ReplyDelete