X's and O's

"You will never achieve your full potential as a person unless you can win your life’s most personal battles. Declare war on polyester/cotton blends."


After having (yet another) meltdown yesterday, though this time in the form of weepy joyfulness, I had settled on composing a post explaining - in painstakingly garbled detail - why I blog and what keeps me going. I even had most of it somewhat coherently charted out (thanks to several exercises including reciting it over and over to my audience of personalities)... That was before I sat down at the computer and thought to catch up on the posts of some of my new favorite authors...


BAM! There it was! The Gorgeously Brilliant Ms.Vesta Vayne at Cowardly Feminist awarded me the prestigious (prestigious because I've decided it is so) Mother’s Little Helper Award!! First of all, I should disclose that there was no competition for this, which makes it even more delectably sweet as that qualifies it as rare! Hey, that makes me sleep better at night, so don't judge :). But it brings about another honor as I absolutely adore Vesta and her writings.
Growing up as a socially/physically/mentally/spiritually awkward little twit, most of the POSITIVE feedback I received was from my own mother. Though thankful she, to this day, lavishes odd and unfounded praise upon me and my potential, one still can't help but get a bit of a complex when your mother is your biggest and ONLY fan! HA! To even register on the radar of someone you admire and respect (other than the woman who birthed you, of course) is bloody well awesomeness wrapped in giddy excitement. It's mornings, such as these, I'm particularly thankful I thought to invest more heavily in my stock of Depends! 
In the above-mentioned post that had Miss Ninja Kitty Extraordinaire exhibiting complete and utter incontinence (yes, you read that right), there was also a fabulous little seed planted of sharing the love. Paying it forward. Giving props and such. I don't pretend to have chart-topping readership, but it only takes one to make an idea blossom. Couple all of that with the fact that I just spent the past two days feebly attempting to alter the look of my blog and still can't, for the life of me, figure out the blogroll thingy, I shall be working to compile my humble listing of some of my favorites. They would have already been listed, here, if I had been the least bit prepared when my train of thought derailed as I was tidying up after aforementioned bladder failure...


Anyhoo, to Ms. Vesta Vayne, and to all of you illustrious creatures who have kindly given me the time of day and even come back - THANK YOU. All silliness aside, it really does mean a lot to this gal and inspires me to learn, grow and (hopefully) improve. Though I keep trying to convince myself that these ramblings are done solely for my own benefit, everyone appreciates and deserves feeling significant and meaningful. Much love! 



2 comments:

  1. Mum's totally rock like that. I hope my daughter still realises I am her no. 1 fan, even when she's grown up and (moved her new hubby and baby into the spare room and we all do family things together) got her own life.
    Love the art deco badge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *smile* I so love that plan! And it seems to make the one of mine where I simply cage my boys for the next 18 or so years seem cruel... haha! My oldest little one just came to hug me and ask "why on earth" I'm up so early *beaming*. Yep, he's not going ANYWHERE anytime soon!
    And thank you! How are you feeling, Doll?

    ReplyDelete

Kitty

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

X's and O's

"You will never achieve your full potential as a person unless you can win your life’s most personal battles. Declare war on polyester/cotton blends."


After having (yet another) meltdown yesterday, though this time in the form of weepy joyfulness, I had settled on composing a post explaining - in painstakingly garbled detail - why I blog and what keeps me going. I even had most of it somewhat coherently charted out (thanks to several exercises including reciting it over and over to my audience of personalities)... That was before I sat down at the computer and thought to catch up on the posts of some of my new favorite authors...


BAM! There it was! The Gorgeously Brilliant Ms.Vesta Vayne at Cowardly Feminist awarded me the prestigious (prestigious because I've decided it is so) Mother’s Little Helper Award!! First of all, I should disclose that there was no competition for this, which makes it even more delectably sweet as that qualifies it as rare! Hey, that makes me sleep better at night, so don't judge :). But it brings about another honor as I absolutely adore Vesta and her writings.
Growing up as a socially/physically/mentally/spiritually awkward little twit, most of the POSITIVE feedback I received was from my own mother. Though thankful she, to this day, lavishes odd and unfounded praise upon me and my potential, one still can't help but get a bit of a complex when your mother is your biggest and ONLY fan! HA! To even register on the radar of someone you admire and respect (other than the woman who birthed you, of course) is bloody well awesomeness wrapped in giddy excitement. It's mornings, such as these, I'm particularly thankful I thought to invest more heavily in my stock of Depends! 
In the above-mentioned post that had Miss Ninja Kitty Extraordinaire exhibiting complete and utter incontinence (yes, you read that right), there was also a fabulous little seed planted of sharing the love. Paying it forward. Giving props and such. I don't pretend to have chart-topping readership, but it only takes one to make an idea blossom. Couple all of that with the fact that I just spent the past two days feebly attempting to alter the look of my blog and still can't, for the life of me, figure out the blogroll thingy, I shall be working to compile my humble listing of some of my favorites. They would have already been listed, here, if I had been the least bit prepared when my train of thought derailed as I was tidying up after aforementioned bladder failure...


Anyhoo, to Ms. Vesta Vayne, and to all of you illustrious creatures who have kindly given me the time of day and even come back - THANK YOU. All silliness aside, it really does mean a lot to this gal and inspires me to learn, grow and (hopefully) improve. Though I keep trying to convince myself that these ramblings are done solely for my own benefit, everyone appreciates and deserves feeling significant and meaningful. Much love! 



2 comments:

  1. Mum's totally rock like that. I hope my daughter still realises I am her no. 1 fan, even when she's grown up and (moved her new hubby and baby into the spare room and we all do family things together) got her own life.
    Love the art deco badge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *smile* I so love that plan! And it seems to make the one of mine where I simply cage my boys for the next 18 or so years seem cruel... haha! My oldest little one just came to hug me and ask "why on earth" I'm up so early *beaming*. Yep, he's not going ANYWHERE anytime soon!
    And thank you! How are you feeling, Doll?

    ReplyDelete