CALM DOWN!!!!!!

"The stars are serious this time: If they ever catch you with those fucking tea leaves again, you can kiss the last 15 years goodbye."

*Deep breath* OK, so I think I've recovered nicely from the angst of yesterday. Sometimes it's entirely refreshing to have a good 'ol fashioned freak-out, no? In the aftermath of most of my rants, I look back only to find I was spewing a truckload of incoherent nonsense in a feeble attempt to simply make sense of it all. You see, I am a terribly anxious and chaotic sort of creature. Most days my emotions are in a state of overdrive and I'm not quite sure what to make of them. It's evident I need an outlet and VOILA, this seems as good a place as any.
Poor guy. I've been there.
I follow a large number of blogs and one theme I've found in a lot of them is anxiety. Seems this is a very rampant and recurring theme. Seems I'm hardly the first to turn to paper (or the screen) for release. One discernible difference is the calm and rational structure others can almost effortlessly summon. My own words just scatter this way and that sans direction and most certainly sans resolution. My most prominent error tends to be in seeking to sort things out with the aid of the stars.
I read no less than 6 variations of my horoscope every day. In fact, I begin consulting each at the ripe hour of 3am every day. Much to my chagrin, most of the sites don't update their garbage until roughly 5:32am. Why do they so hate my freedom? What on earth am I to do with those 152 minutes? Naturally, I frantically hit "refresh" until I get the desired results. This is likely to land me in a position with no phone as I only carry the one issued by work. It seems someone had the audacity to begin monitoring our individual data usage. Somehow I suspect it won't go over well when I argue that this data is OBVIOUSLY being spent scouring for astrological survival tips.
What!? My soda offers advice too!!??!
Yes, yes, I'm well aware that isn't a proper use of company property. But hey, it beats getting slapped on the wrist by I.T. for fading off into oblivion while viewing the live feed of the shark tank through the Monterey Bay Aquarium, right? Right. Who knew such activities were likely to overload the server? Not this gal, that's for damn sure. Plus I feel I provided a service by pointing out the archaic capabilities of said server.
*panic*
I've actually completely forgotten where I was going with all of this.... *reading back through*.... Nope, I still got nothing. Perhaps the point is I've been creatively self-medicating to deal with my aforementioned anxiety issues and it's becoming crystal clear that's no longer a viable option. Where the writers I so adore are able to channel their energy into coping and overcoming, I'm still left in the dust relying on obscure horoscopes to get me through. Seeing as how I need to make some effort towards keeping that paycheck coming in, perhaps it's time to get a grip and seek professional help! Happy Friday!
I couldn't NOT add this - it's too great!





2 comments:

  1. First, love the picture!

    OK, don't be so hard on yourself. If people are eloquent through their anxiety, they are trying to restrain themselves and appear more together than they are. Writing can be like therapy. Some people use blogs as a diary...an edited diary. But to truly work through it and let go, you have to let everything flow...even the things you are afraid to admit to others or to yourself. Once you are completely honest that's when you can work through the stress and anxiety. Don't worry about censoring yourself or not sounding like you have it all figured out. Sometimes we need to vent; sometimes we need to write it down just to get it out of our heads; and sometimes, we just need to feel like someone is listening. Hope you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Doll. Truly. I'd be lying if I said I'm not shocked you come back!

    You hit the nail on the head... the more I vent and release all my strangely meandering thoughts, the more I realize I simply need to talk. Be it to my screen or a piece of paper, when I don't feel quite uninhibited enough to say it aloud. It helps, it truly does. And to know that someone out there IS listening? *speechless*

    Day by day, I'm feeling much better. Thank you :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Kitty

Friday, April 20, 2012

CALM DOWN!!!!!!

"The stars are serious this time: If they ever catch you with those fucking tea leaves again, you can kiss the last 15 years goodbye."

*Deep breath* OK, so I think I've recovered nicely from the angst of yesterday. Sometimes it's entirely refreshing to have a good 'ol fashioned freak-out, no? In the aftermath of most of my rants, I look back only to find I was spewing a truckload of incoherent nonsense in a feeble attempt to simply make sense of it all. You see, I am a terribly anxious and chaotic sort of creature. Most days my emotions are in a state of overdrive and I'm not quite sure what to make of them. It's evident I need an outlet and VOILA, this seems as good a place as any.
Poor guy. I've been there.
I follow a large number of blogs and one theme I've found in a lot of them is anxiety. Seems this is a very rampant and recurring theme. Seems I'm hardly the first to turn to paper (or the screen) for release. One discernible difference is the calm and rational structure others can almost effortlessly summon. My own words just scatter this way and that sans direction and most certainly sans resolution. My most prominent error tends to be in seeking to sort things out with the aid of the stars.
I read no less than 6 variations of my horoscope every day. In fact, I begin consulting each at the ripe hour of 3am every day. Much to my chagrin, most of the sites don't update their garbage until roughly 5:32am. Why do they so hate my freedom? What on earth am I to do with those 152 minutes? Naturally, I frantically hit "refresh" until I get the desired results. This is likely to land me in a position with no phone as I only carry the one issued by work. It seems someone had the audacity to begin monitoring our individual data usage. Somehow I suspect it won't go over well when I argue that this data is OBVIOUSLY being spent scouring for astrological survival tips.
What!? My soda offers advice too!!??!
Yes, yes, I'm well aware that isn't a proper use of company property. But hey, it beats getting slapped on the wrist by I.T. for fading off into oblivion while viewing the live feed of the shark tank through the Monterey Bay Aquarium, right? Right. Who knew such activities were likely to overload the server? Not this gal, that's for damn sure. Plus I feel I provided a service by pointing out the archaic capabilities of said server.
*panic*
I've actually completely forgotten where I was going with all of this.... *reading back through*.... Nope, I still got nothing. Perhaps the point is I've been creatively self-medicating to deal with my aforementioned anxiety issues and it's becoming crystal clear that's no longer a viable option. Where the writers I so adore are able to channel their energy into coping and overcoming, I'm still left in the dust relying on obscure horoscopes to get me through. Seeing as how I need to make some effort towards keeping that paycheck coming in, perhaps it's time to get a grip and seek professional help! Happy Friday!
I couldn't NOT add this - it's too great!





2 comments:

  1. First, love the picture!

    OK, don't be so hard on yourself. If people are eloquent through their anxiety, they are trying to restrain themselves and appear more together than they are. Writing can be like therapy. Some people use blogs as a diary...an edited diary. But to truly work through it and let go, you have to let everything flow...even the things you are afraid to admit to others or to yourself. Once you are completely honest that's when you can work through the stress and anxiety. Don't worry about censoring yourself or not sounding like you have it all figured out. Sometimes we need to vent; sometimes we need to write it down just to get it out of our heads; and sometimes, we just need to feel like someone is listening. Hope you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Doll. Truly. I'd be lying if I said I'm not shocked you come back!

    You hit the nail on the head... the more I vent and release all my strangely meandering thoughts, the more I realize I simply need to talk. Be it to my screen or a piece of paper, when I don't feel quite uninhibited enough to say it aloud. It helps, it truly does. And to know that someone out there IS listening? *speechless*

    Day by day, I'm feeling much better. Thank you :) xo

    ReplyDelete