Flowers Become Screens

"This would be a good week for you to take control of your life and your destiny, but hey, this is you we're talking about."

There was something in the violent storm last night. Something other than the nearly 3 hours of non-stop hail... Something aside from the blackest sky imaginable suddenly bursting into blinding brightness. The rainbow through the deafening sound of chaos. There was something that made me smile for the first time in weeks, and it was divine.

I'd like to think yesterday was my version of rock bottom. Depression, anxiety and roller coaster rides are nothing new to this gal. The feeling of complete and utter hopelessness, however, is. It exploded into feelings far more drastic and awful than I thought I was honestly capable of. However grateful I was to wake up free of that pain this morning, I wouldn't quite be myself if I didn't try grasping for an answer.

For now, it seems as simple as that storm. Needing that water to wash it all away, both figuratively and literally. I love song in the title of this post. I hadn't listened to it in awhile and it just plain fit.

Flowers Become Screens

Seems NKE is on her way back. Happy Thursday, Pets. 

3 comments:

  1. Annie, sometimes the answer is as simple as a caterpillar turning into a butterfly, but the metamorphosis is extremely painful when we're humans fighting every inch of the way.

    Glad you're back, sweetie. I'm here if you ever need to talk, or just a shoulder.

    ((You))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, and knowing you are growing.

    In my life: the pain has always preceded the growth.

    I don't know why...lucky star, I guess?

    I love you, and always think this when I stop here, "the unexamined life is not a lived life."

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much love to both of you, My Dear Friends. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Kitty

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Flowers Become Screens

"This would be a good week for you to take control of your life and your destiny, but hey, this is you we're talking about."

There was something in the violent storm last night. Something other than the nearly 3 hours of non-stop hail... Something aside from the blackest sky imaginable suddenly bursting into blinding brightness. The rainbow through the deafening sound of chaos. There was something that made me smile for the first time in weeks, and it was divine.

I'd like to think yesterday was my version of rock bottom. Depression, anxiety and roller coaster rides are nothing new to this gal. The feeling of complete and utter hopelessness, however, is. It exploded into feelings far more drastic and awful than I thought I was honestly capable of. However grateful I was to wake up free of that pain this morning, I wouldn't quite be myself if I didn't try grasping for an answer.

For now, it seems as simple as that storm. Needing that water to wash it all away, both figuratively and literally. I love song in the title of this post. I hadn't listened to it in awhile and it just plain fit.

Flowers Become Screens

Seems NKE is on her way back. Happy Thursday, Pets. 

3 comments:

  1. Annie, sometimes the answer is as simple as a caterpillar turning into a butterfly, but the metamorphosis is extremely painful when we're humans fighting every inch of the way.

    Glad you're back, sweetie. I'm here if you ever need to talk, or just a shoulder.

    ((You))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, and knowing you are growing.

    In my life: the pain has always preceded the growth.

    I don't know why...lucky star, I guess?

    I love you, and always think this when I stop here, "the unexamined life is not a lived life."

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much love to both of you, My Dear Friends. xoxo

    ReplyDelete